|ClearLight’s heritage, dating back to the 1980’s, consists of investing in and then growing a diverse collection of operating businesses on behalf of a large, highly regarded public company. As operators, we successfully grew small companies into mid-size market leading companies. We also developed many successful investments as a holding company. Through these experiences, we developed a strong, long-term relationship with our investor, who nearly three decades later remains our sole limited partner. The backing, agility and autonomy provided by this structure has proven effective in positioning ClearLight as a different sort of capital partner – unusually patient and operator-centric - for growing middle-market companies.
As the capital partner for a growing business, we seek to:
• Serve as a thoughtful and experienced sounding board for
discussing management’s ideas
• Help management respond to challenges and opportunities with
understanding, fresh ideas and a long-term viewpoint
• Invest in building lasting value and growing profits
To date, our principals have partnered with over 30 privately held businesses. Our team of investment professionals has assisted these businesses and their management teams in reaching a variety of objectives:
• Diversifying family wealth and providing shareholder liquidity
• Facilitating leadership succession
• Accelerating internal and external company growth
• Developing strategic plans
• Creating potential tax advantages from financial structure
• Accessing high-level contacts and best practices
Click here to see how we work and the benefits of a ClearLight partnership.